How to use a tow strap in the right way
Date of publication:2019-08-13 Times of browsing:未知
If you know how to use a tow strap,you will not be worried when,by any chance,you get stuck along the way,make sure that,the strap you have is high quality and you know how to use it correctly.
Many people have been killed and others injured due to the main reason for using the strap incorrectly.The strap because it is meant for towing and not recovering,will not streth while in use.
How to use a tow strap
step by step on how toThe right recovery strap and how to use it can make the difference between pulling your vehicle safely or if you need to wait for a truck to do the job for you.
use a tow srap
1.Attaching the hook to the pulling car
2.Getting the tow strap on the car that needs to be pulled
3.using the tow strap to pull the car
Tips To Using Tow Straps
1. Before you decide that you want to use it, make sure that it is in good condition with no broken stitching, no frays, and no cuts.
2. You can wrap the strap around a hitch, but avoid putting it into the hitch. I have friends who have tried to bend the pin, and the end results have been cutting it out.to It is advisable that you get the D-Ring adaptor or a tow hook which will then be usedgo into the hitch.
3. Make sure that, the hardware in use is free from rust and defects. Check out the front hitch or tow hooks, and the hardware on the other vehicle. You should place the tow strap to the rear of the towing vehicle which is the safest just in case the s bretrapaks.
4. Don’t try to attach a tow strap to a vehicle bumper, steering rods, suspension, axles, or a trailer hitch ball. Make sure that the attach points are a secure place on the vehicle frame. Avoid placing the to strap on another vehicle in a way that it may be cut.
5. In case while towing the strap breaks, you should lay a tarp on top of the recovery strap. In most cases when the strap breaks, the tarp will slow down before hitting someone.
6. Never try to attach a tow strap to another vehicle with a knot. The best way to do is to pass one end of the strap through the loop at the other end of the strap to secure it.
7. To avoid the tow strap from faster wear and tear, make sure all large rocks and logs are out of the way with everyone around standing clear of the tow strap when in use.
8. Once the vehicle moved safely, make sure to inspect the tow strap to be sure that it is in good shape for use next time, otherwise, do a replacement.
9. When a vehicle pulled out of a trench, make sure the towing car is driven slowly because sudden tugs can lead to damage of either the tow strap or the vehicle
10. Make sure that you read the instruction which comes with your type of strap. It should be stored away from sunlight and heat, and make sure you keep it clean all the time because, dirt damages the fibers over time, thus decreasing the strength.
Previous：Which webbing is better:polypropylene,nylon or polyester
Next：30 TON sling is a high temperature sling